Sunday, September 30, 2018

Confessions of a Commissioner and other thoughts

I've been a poor Commissioner this year.  I haven't been giving much attention to Gint-A-Cuffs.

I can make excuses all day long, but I won't.

I will apologize, though.  I'm sorry.  I'm sorry I haven't answer questions quicker, been more of a promoter, interacted more.  For those things, and probably more that aren't on my radar, I'm sorry.

So, the close of GACX draws nigh.  Too nigh, tonight.  So, let's have a decree party.

I, Commissioner of Gint-A-Cuffs, decree that the new contest end will be Tuesday night, October 2, 2018, at 11:59pm, on the East Coast.  That's a two day extension.

That will help those still wondering why I haven't ruled on the Glow In The Dark cards.

My decree?  They shall be worth +3 points, in addition to any card point value (FP / FT / Yankee).


Now, for some answers to some linger comments...

GCA wrote: Just got two boxes, so I'm not in the contest, but just playing along for fun. Never done this before, so this might be a N00b question... Do inserts of someone's favorite player / my favorite team count as anything additional? Like an Ohtani Fantasy Goldmine. Also, does a Yankee box loader only count half? I see the hits are ½, but not the box loaders....

The Commissioner answers: GCA, thanks for playing along.  There are not N00b questions.  Yes, the FP of any other contestant will score you points (1.7x).  It is a bit confusing, depending whether the FP is a base card, a mini, or a hit.  Yes, a Yankee box loader counts half the points of the regular box loader.  In this case, the box loader is considered a hit.


P-town Tom wrote: I've only ever done Gint-a-cuffs once, but man, do I love these posts. It's like Dear Abby for the cardboard minded!

The Commissioner answers:  Tom, thanks.  I think.  Back in the 1980s I remember there was a syndicated card / hobby column called, Ask Babe.  People would write in with questions and Babe would answer.  Maybe I could do that.  Sort of like a Frasier Crane call-in show.  Except that I don't want to talk to people.  Hmmm.


2 days, people.

2 comments:

  1. 117 points (without scoring for short prints)
    http://cardboardhabit.blogspot.com/2018/10/gint-cuffs-x.html

    ReplyDelete