Monday, October 13, 2014

In the books

Gint-A-Cuffs VI is in the books.  After careful study of the entries I'm declaring Design On Deck the winner with 207.6 points.

Thanks to Topps I'll be sending a fresh hobby box to DOD.

"What? All those bribes that came in.  And that Canadian posted 217 points.  Recount.  Recount.  Recount."

Let me address those issues.

Bribes are a touchy issues.  Gint-A-Cuffs has always been run as a transparent enterprise and the participants were warned that bribes might not help their final scores.  In order to be fair I negated all bribe bonuses that were brewing in my head.  Don't worry bribers, I'll try to take care of you, card wise, outside of the Gint-A-Cuffs ring.

That Canadian?  Yes, it was an impressive score, but it was submitted too late.  Sorry.

Recounts?  Nope.  Not doing them.

Thanks to all the participants.  We had the highest percentage of returns this year.

So, DOD, please contact me for a shipping address.  mark dot aubrey at gmail dot com

See you next year.  Maybe.

6 comments:

  1. congrats to DOD.

    it would've been nice to get the scoring posted before Sept 17 though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being the commish, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, thanks for acting as commish again - even if my bribe was for naught. Also, thanks for letting me use the word naught.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "See you next year. Maybe."

    What's this maybe bulls***?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy this game, but man, I suck at it. See you next year. Not maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When's the signup for this year?!

    ReplyDelete