Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Ruling Time

I've been sitting on this one for too long.

When Matt first sent it in (way back at the end of July), I corresponded with him sharing my fear that my initial thought that the points might be too large, knocking everyone out of the competition.

It wouldn't have been too much fun to see a total score posted of 600 points knowing that you're getting ready to rip that last pack, hoping for a good one so that you can get over the 170 point hump.

After I gave my explanation, Matt said that he was cool with that.  But I've waited too long.  It hasn't been fair to him or to the other contestants.

So, let's recap.

Matt wrote:
My box-topper was a five-card mini-pack with red-bordered minis, each numbered /33. What are the point values for these?

After much thought the Commissioner replied:
The individual cards are worth 4 points each, for a total of 20 points.  Favorite Players, Favorite Team and Yankees scoring adjustments are in play.
See that wasn't so hard.

In the interest of fairness, Matt did send in a bribe.  In no way did it influence this decision.  In fact, I haven't opened yet.  I am a fair, if not slow, commissioner.

Okay kids, you have just over a week to complete your scoring and post the results.

Thanks for playing.

More bribes to be shown soon.




1 comment:

  1. wow. only 4 points each for cards /33 and a case hit to boot? These are just as rare as rip cards, if not more so....

    Boo.

    ReplyDelete