Thursday, July 1, 2010

Official Scoring Is Officially Up

Ladies and Gents, I have posted the Official Scoring Rules.

Thank you for your comments. I've added in scoring for Negro League players. I've added scoring for Nick Jacoby, last year's (recognized) A&G Code Cracker.

With regard to the statement that Chicago can stake claim to 3 of the 4 negative cards. Not quite. Milton Bradley is shown as a Mariner in this year's set. Yes, I know he used to be employed by the Cubs (I couldn't bring myself to write the word play). But not right now. The City of the Big Shoulders can stake claim to 2 of the 4 negative cards. See, I've appeased or ticked off both Northsiders and Southsiders.

No bonus points for any Strasburg. No one has asked for them, but I'm not feeding the hype.

Please remember to list each card and show scans of any scoring points.

Scott, of the Hand Collated blog, emailed me explaining that he is withdrawing from the Gint-A-Cuffs competition. I respect his decision and will probably call on him to help out with any tricky commissioner decisions that I can't resolve on my own.

5 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say THANKS and let you know we appreciate the work you put into this! Should make for a fun round of 'cuffing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David is a suck up! He should know that our honorable commissioner can not be swayed by mere flattery...

    (The cash in the mail!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, I'm worth a point in this year's Gint-a-Cuffs! Free red auto to the winner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care what uniform he's wearing, Milton Bradley will always be considered a negative Cub in Chicago's eyes. I think we seem to be complaining about him today more than Seattle is anyway.

    Regardless, great job working out the rules this year!
    --Jon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree no bonus for Strasburg. You want a bonus for your Strasburg, sell it on ebay.

    ReplyDelete