Saturday, July 11, 2009

(some) Scoring Updated

I have spent quite a bit of time pondering some of the scoring questions that have arisen and have set forth my thoughts here. These are official scoring changes and clarifications.
  • Negro League Players cards shall count as +2 points.
  • Extinct Creatures cards shall count for +11 points.
  • Silk (or cloth) cards shall count as +18 points.
  • If a card is valued at an odd number of points before having to divide it by 2, as in the case of most Yankee cards, the final number shall be rounded up to the nearest whole number. Example: pre division card value is 5, divided by 2 equal 2.5, rounded up is 3. My abacus doesn't do fractions.
  • A player will be identified with a team based on the uniform (jersey, hat, whatever) that is shown on that card.
  • The New York Yankees sketch card shall not incur "pile on penalties" for having multiple Yankees players represented.
The weekend is upon us. Go and rest. And rip.

6 comments:

  1. Still nothing on the code cards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about red ink autos? They are only one per a couple of cases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't help my points, but what about a x2 multiplier for code cards?

    And +10 for an Ankiel code card (full disclosure: that WOULD help me.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I have a small problem before I start busting open the box that I don't have yet. My scanner doesn't work with Blogger and doesn't allow me to post scans. Could I do video or something?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My box SHOULD be here Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. - .... . .-. . / .. ... / .- / -.-. --- -. - . ... - / --- -. / -- -.-- / -... .-.. --- --. / .--. --- ... - / ..-. --- .-. / .--. .- -.-. -.- ... / --... / - .... .-. --- ..- --. .... / .---- ..---

    ( http://morsecode.scphillips.com/jtranslator.html )

    ReplyDelete